Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licensing System Error 1

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1001 Views, 5 Replies

Licensing System Error 1

Hi,

I installed Revit 2018 on my external drive, and it worked quite well, so I decided to carry it with me to office. However, in trying to open it, I get the "Licensing System Error 1".

Anybody get any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nicholas_seibert
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Have you tried these suggestions yet?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Thanks!

Nicholas Seibert

Principal Revit QA
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: nicholas_seibert

When I did the installation, the installation package was on the desktop, and I installed on the external drive, so I think that's why those files are not detected.

When I get home, I will uninstall, and reinstall after moving the installation package onto the external drive. Shall see how that goes.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Yeah....won't work.  Not all files are installed at the location you set to install the primary folders.  Some get installed under c:\users\<username>\Appdata \* and others still get installed in the Program Files directory.

If you have a subscription just install regular Revit at your office and sign in with your username....just keep your project files on you external drive.  

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Yeah it didn't work.

I would have loved to install it in work, but they do not allow programs to be installed. Hence the wish to have the program portable.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hola! Estoy teniendo el mismo problema con Revit 2019 y no estoy pudiendo solucionarlo, me gustaría saber si has podido o no. Desde ya, muchas gracias.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators