Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining means

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
488 Views, 8 Replies

Joining means

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has experience in creating joining means. My interest is in multi-layer walls with, for example, screw connections.
Best regards, Lavinia

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
MostafaElashmawy
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous ,
Your question is not clear, try to provide more explanation and a sketch if possible.

Mostafa Elashmawy
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Hello @MostafaElashmawy 

Unfortunately I can't show any drawings because I haven't found a way in Revit yet. But my idea is that I can integrate for example insulation dowels into the wall construction. So far I have not found a possibility for screws, dowels, etc. for wall constructions in Revit.

Message 4 of 9
ennujozlagam

you can draw that in drafting view? no need to draw in plan view , just use call out to show the details in section view? thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Hello @ennujozlagam 

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. So far I don't have much experience in Revit.

I just want to know if it's possible to draw a screw, for example, and link that information to my wall construction.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 9
ennujozlagam

cut a section view (as sectional details)s and add what ever you want to add like for example insulation. screw, plate but to draw that in plan view . make your detail as typical details. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 7 of 9
ennujozlagam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOp5zWXqIsY

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you for the link.

Okay, then the drawing itself should not be a problem. However, my idea is that I have a wall construction with its layers and data stored. I would like to assign the connectors to these. So it should not be a simple 2D-drawing, but elements that I can integrate to my wall construction (BIM compatible).

Message 9 of 9
ennujozlagam

can post some screenshot for better understanding on what are you trying to achieve. thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report