Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insulated Studded Floors

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
230 Views, 1 Reply

Insulated Studded Floors

Hi!

I'm essentially a beginner to Revit and I'm working to model my parents cabin and perform an energy audit. I was able to find a lot of information on creating studded walls with insulation, via the curtain wall method, but I can't seem to find any information on creating studded floors with insulation (and will probably encounter the same problem for roofs). I apologize for any improper naming, I'm in no means educated on construction terms. I found the material "Structure, Wood Joist/Rafter Layer, Batt Insulation" in the edit tab of a composite floor, but due to the lack of rendering detail I can't confirm if this is what I'm looking for. I don't need it to be visually accurate, but if someone can just confirm that this is what I should be using, or recommend an alternative method, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Brad

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Ahmed_Muharram
in reply to: Anonymous

i usually use wall layers to define insulation of the walls

Ahmed Muharram, B.Sc, AEE, ACI, ACP
BIM Manager
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators