Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Individual Truss webs listed in structural framing schedule

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
grantkjones
778 Views, 5 Replies

Individual Truss webs listed in structural framing schedule

Hello everyone,

I have a schedule which lists my lintel beams  for a residential design, I have since added trusses to the model for section views etc I have no need to count them anywhere, but it seems that the individual web pieces are showing up and I cant seem to filter them out. 

Googling says I cant filter by family or type, so I created a shared parameter called "element type" as text, and I have given it the value " truss".  it seems the whole truss has the value but each element inside it (the webs) don't share it so I cant do it that way. 

I don't want to individually mark every web is there a better way to hide the truss timbers in my schedule?  (Not sure if it matters but I coped the truss webs so they looked better in the section views, I had to unpin them but I re pinned them once I was done)

Cheers

Grant.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: grantkjones

You can upload the file to help.

Message 3 of 6
Jamhmer_Oc

Hi @grantkjones 

You can use any parameter that is available, it can be comments, type of mark, etc. In the attached file I use the brand parameter and with this filter in the schedule.

Jamhmer Oc

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
grantkjones
in reply to: Jamhmer_Oc

Thanks Jamhmer, I did end up using the comments field for filtering as you suggested. 

Message 5 of 6
ToanDN

Instead of typing in the Comments for every truss member, you can duplicate the framing types, give them an Unique names or Descriptions, and assign the particular Types to be used by trusses.  That way, you can filter by type name or Description more systematically.

Message 6 of 6
grantkjones
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks @ToanDN, I think I will use a more systematic approach like yours on my next project, this one is almost done.  I am curious about the behaviour of trusses, do you know if this is this the normal schedule behaviour to list every web, chord etc? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report