Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC Export from Revit: Element assemblies get the wrong z-coordinate

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ragnhild.myrnes
384 Views, 2 Replies

IFC Export from Revit: Element assemblies get the wrong z-coordinate

Hi!

We have a problem with IFC 2x3 export from Revit 2023.

When we export the model, some elements (element assemblies) are located in the wrong z-value. We have tried several different export settings and have tried to open the ifc in several different programs with the same result. 

We have Revit 2023 with the IFC extension version 23.2.3 

Any idea what of a possible solution to get it exported to the correct z-coordinate? 

Revit.jpgIFC.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello,

I confirm that issue is still remained.
I devide walls by parts to make needed shape for prefab concrete elements and than create assemblies. After IFC export same issue with some elements shifted in Z coordinate. Updated latest revit version, IFC exporter version, tried different settings but still no results. 

Does anyone solved this issue? Would appreciate any help!

Message 3 of 3

I have seen a couple of references where the latest update did not resolve the issue and then found a very recent Autodesk Knowledge Base Article which confirms there is still an issue with IFC and Shared Coordinates which is still being investigated.

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Wrong-Z-coordinate...

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators