Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot open a 2015 Revit model in Navisworks 2016

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
eadkins73
750 Views, 6 Replies

I cannot open a 2015 Revit model in Navisworks 2016

I have a model in Revit 2015.  I would like to view it in Navisworks Simulate 2016.  I get an error when I open it directly through Navisworks (even though the workflow is supposed to work this way).  I have my designer Save a nwd file but only part of the model comes in even though everything is turned on. I have Revit Structure 2016 on my machine and I can open the model and review it but this requires me making a copy and converting it to 2016 every time he changes it.  This is not ideal for many reasons.  Additionally, Revit Structure 2016, will not allow me to export a Navisworks file of any type.

1) How do I get Navisworks to work?

2) What is the tool to review Revit models if Navisworks is no longer supported?

Ed Adkins
EA2 Engineering
www.ea2eng.com
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda
in reply to: eadkins73

Hi Ed

To be able to export nwc files from Revit you need to install Navisworks Exporter from this link:

http://www.autodesk.com/products/navisworks/autodesk-navisworks-nwc-export-utility

Then you should see this option:

navisworks.jpg

Rafal Gaweda
Message 3 of 7
eadkins73
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

Thanks Rafal, I don't have those options in my Revit. How do I set that up?
Ed Adkins
EA2 Engineering
www.ea2eng.com
Message 4 of 7
ennujozlagam

@eadkins73 hello .You need to install the "Add-In Manager for Autodesk Revit.msi" that comes with the SDK.
It is in the "somewhere\Revit 2016 SDK\Add-In Manager" folder.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 7
Rafal.Gaweda

Ed

Install Navisworks Exporter from the link I posted in post 2.

Rafal Gaweda
Message 6 of 7
eadkins73
in reply to: Rafal.Gaweda

I did install that it still didn't work.  I am currently looking for the SDK thing suggested by the other poster.

Ed Adkins
EA2 Engineering
www.ea2eng.com
Message 7 of 7
eadkins73

Ok, I have tried both of those and it still isn't showing me the export option in the Add-in menu.

Ed Adkins
EA2 Engineering
www.ea2eng.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report