Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to put columns on stairs in revit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jppinhovilela
1166 Views, 4 Replies

How to put columns on stairs in revit

when you place a column supporting a structural floor in revit, you can create a single column that goes up to the top floor and each floor automatically "cut" the column so it won't pass through the floors. I want to create columns suporting the landings of a stairway (like in the image I've attached) but the stair landing won't cut the columns, I want to know if the same thing can be done, or if I need to create a different column for each landing

jppinhovilela_0-1598194349364.png

As you can see in the image the column is passing through the landing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE: Stairs do not join with structural members

Message 3 of 5
_Vijay
in reply to: jppinhovilela

Yes, stairs do not join with Structural elements. you need to create individual columns  for each landings.

Message 4 of 5
ipselute

You can break up the stairs into components: create individual ramps, and create the intermediary landing as a concrete slab. Then attach the columns to that slab.

Stairs are not considered structural elements, therefore they are not part of the analytical model. That's a reason why theycan't cut the columns.

Message 5 of 5
hmunsell

Those are pretty substantial "Landings". Have you considered making them Floors, then the columns should cut themselves.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report