Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add or create rebar in a grout family

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
joao_lima055
161 Views, 2 Replies

How to add or create rebar in a grout family

hello,
I'm studying structural masonry in Revit, and I need to add grout points inside the block hole.
Initially I created a family for grout and another for steel (lines), I can quantify these bars, but I cannot make revit renumber them automatically.
I would like to know if it is possible for me to add a rebar family native to revit within my grout family or if it is possible for me to create my rebar and have revit renumber it automatically.
I use revit 2025 (student)

joao_lima055_0-1715949394901.png

FINISHED WALL

joao_lima055_1-1715949490674.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Tom_Kunsman
in reply to: joao_lima055

Good questions. I am not sure I would be modeling the grout that goes in the cells of the masonry. That is certainly a very high level of detail. Not even sure if a masonry contractor would model that in Revit.

Based on your image, it appears that you might be modeling each individual piece of masonry. Generally structural engineers and designers would not do this. I do commend you on trying to go this far, if that is what you are doing.

As for the rebar, Revit has some really good Reinforcing tools that come with the program. I would use these instead of trying to make your own family. 

You need to make sure you set up the rebar clearance options within your model.

The Reinforcement (rebar) tools are in the Reinforcement panel in the Structure tab of Revit.

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 3
jay_colcombe
in reply to: joao_lima055

Yes this is possible you simply need to make your Grout Family or a Structural nature and within that family tick the option to be able to Host Rebar!

Revit numbers bars sequentially using "Rebar Number" Parameter but you can control this a quite a bit more by incorporating Partitions.

To manually drive a rebar number there is an old Parameter used prior to automation called "Schedule Mark" you could use this but as stated it is a manual process so would need to be done for each bar.

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators