Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a custom size Universal Beam into Revit?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
wrxeng
2449 Views, 7 Replies

How to add a custom size Universal Beam into Revit?

Dear all, 

I have searched the UB families in Stuctural Framing>Steel>Universal Beam, but it doesn't consist of the UB686x356x384kg/m, UB533x312x196.4kg/m and UB254x203x49kg/m. 

So, is it acceptable if I create open the existing UB family in library and edit its H and B ?

Click File>Open>Structural Framing>Steel>Universal beam template>Edit h x b>Save as a new family.

Just like the attachment below.

UB inquery.png

Tqvm.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ennujozlagam
in reply to: wrxeng

edit your beam family > go to 1) family types > 2) change the value > 3) create a new type name. thanks

uv.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 8
wrxeng
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Many thanks!!!

Do i need to insert the weight for UB as well in the family type?

Regards.

Message 4 of 8
ennujozlagam

it's up to you, if you have the specs of the beam? for the meantime no need you change later just edit the family inself. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 8
wrxeng

tqvm !
Message 6 of 8
wrxeng

Dear sir,

I have revised the d and bf in the properties type and input the custom size beam into plan, but when I double click the beam to view it's 3D, still same as the original one which doesn't revise the d and bf. Any advise on this?

Regards.
Message 7 of 8
ennujozlagam

once you loaded your beam family < go to edit type > and then you select the beam you created with new file name? thanks

2134.JPG

Message 8 of 8
ennujozlagam

here is screencast for you. thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report