Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a custom size concrete drop panel surrounding the columns?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
wrxeng
320 Views, 9 Replies

How to add a custom size concrete drop panel surrounding the columns?

Hi there, 

I need to insert a custom size 3800L x 3400W x 600thk concrete drop panel to the column.

I tried to create a family like I did before for the custom beam size, Click File>New>Family>Template for structural beam and braces>Click Left view>Click Edit Extrusion>Insert the custom size>Save and Load in family. 

For this case, I tried to create a custom concrete drop panel size using the Structural Foundation Template but failed to. 

Can anyone assists in this case? 

Tqvm.

KC

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: wrxeng

Why don't you create it in the column family itself?

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
wrxeng
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for your reply. If let say I create this custom size concrete drop panel by using the metric structural column template, I should input the column first then only input the concrete drop panel or I should input the concrete drop panel first. 

Message 4 of 10
ennujozlagam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8heanHvPkY

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 10
ToanDN

@wrxeng wrote:

Thanks for your reply. If let say I create this custom size concrete drop panel by using the metric structural column template, I should input the column first then only input the concrete drop panel or I should input the concrete drop panel first. 

To be honest I don't quite understand question so I apologize if the answer is off:  you can edit a column family, which already has a column in it, and add the dropped panel model, then constrain it with parametric dimensions.

Toan Nguyen
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
wrxeng
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hi, I hv watched your video. After u hv done with edit extrusion for the structural circular column, u just load and insert the drop panel family on it. But when I check my library, I don't see the Flat Drop Cap inside.

Is it the Flat Drop Cap itself also hv to manual sketch and create a family file first?

Message 7 of 10
wrxeng

For your information, I'm new to Revit and just take over a Revit Project from a resigned staff. I hv to check its discrepancy with structural drawing and amend all that in Revit.

Most replies on this forum suggest to create a concrete drop panel together with the column. But when I saw the files that had just handover to me. Concrete Drop Panel and Column are separate items, I found drop panel in ''Floor'', not straight a way attach together with column. The senior also input the drop panel then only input the column.

My concern is, other than we create the concrete panel together with the column. Is there any alternative way? How can I do? Create a drop panel using column template and add as family file first, then input it into revit and add a column to it? 

Message 8 of 10
ToanDN

I suggest you open the OOTB concrete column family with dropped cap, save as, and modify it per your need.  

Toan Nguyen

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
kelvin_ching

Can provide some picture? I was not sure where is the OOTB concrete column family. Sorry if bring u trouble.
Message 10 of 10
ennujozlagam

are you looking something like this?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/f466d851-78e5-464f-801e-a39340cd42d3

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators