Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a Beam TAG that also shows a Range line that spans the length of the beam?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
quivver
115 Views, 1 Reply

How do I create a Beam TAG that also shows a Range line that spans the length of the beam?

quivver_0-1716747746478.png

The default BEAM tag can show the beam mark and the size of the beam (in magenta) - but I want to also create the grey arrows which automatically span the length of the beam. This is useful in longer beam elements to clearly indicate the range of the beam. This is trivial task in CAD -- but how on earth do I do this in REVIT? I tried to edit the REVIT family but to no avail. 

Any assistance would be appreciated. 

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jay_colcombe
in reply to: quivver

As far as I am aware this is not a one step process;

The simplest method is to place a Beam Tag, then click on the Beam itself and click on the bar below the Temporary Dimension to turn it into a Working Dimension

You could use the built-in functionality of the Dimension and create a shared Parameter and try to link it somehow

Help | Apply a Label to a Dimension | Autodesk

or

Edit an existing Beam Tag and addin lines to represent dimensions and have these driven by a Parameter inside the Family or even try a canulated Parameter using the Length to stretch the Reference Planes that drive the dimension but this requires creating and editing Revit Famalies

I did look at the Multi Rebar Tag but cannot see how you can get it to work for Steel as this contain a Tag and Dimension families

Jay Colcombe

Autodesk Certified Instructor
Revit Architecture & Structure Certified Professional
AutoCAD Certified Professional
B.Sc. Hons Civil & Structural Engineering

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators