Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter bolt list

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
semkno
981 Views, 2 Replies

Filter bolt list

I have three questions regarding Structural Connections and bolts in Revit.

1. Is there a way to filter or edit the list of available bolts inside structural connections? 
  2. Is it possible to add new bolts to the list?

See attached screen shot.

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Rob_Merriman
in reply to: semkno

Hi @semkno 

All the anchors and bolts in the system are copied straight out of Advance Steel, thats where all the connections and steel tab technology come from.

In Revit as far as i am aware there is no way of filtering them.

To add new bolts or sizes to Revit you need to modify the databases via Advance Steel. Autodesk have produced a video showing the steps required to add new items in the video below. You modify the bolts in the management settings of Advance Steel.

Before you do any modifications to the bolts would strongly recommend becing up the Advance Steel data, check out my blog post on how to do that - https://www.graitec.co.uk/blog/entry/are-you-backing-up-your-advance-steel-data

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGCvrv2vIVM

Once you have your new bolts you need to get them into Revit, all the Revit bolts and Anchors are taken from the Advance Steel databases which have been copied into the Revit folder Structure, so you need to copy the Advance Steel Database with the new bolts and paste it into the Revit folder structure. Please follow the steps below (Again please note i am working on UK builds so the fodler paths will be different)

1. Shut down Revit and Advance Steel

2. Go to the following folder - C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit Steel Connections 2019\en-UK

3. Rename the AstorBase.mdf to AstorBaseOriginal.mdf (Always best to have a backup)

4. Delete the file AstorBase_Log.ldf

5. Go to the following folder C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Advance Steel 2019\GBR\Steel\Data

6. Copy the file AstorBase.mdf and paste it into C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit Steel Connections 2019\en-UK

7. When you reboot your Revit you will now have the Anchor that you created in Advance Steel available inside your Revit Base Plate connection

Rob Merriman, AEC Technical Lead, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
semkno
in reply to: Rob_Merriman

Many thanks for your extensive reply, @Rob_Merriman!

Do you know if this workflow by any means will be looked at from Autodesk's side of things in the future? I have little knowledge of Advance Steel but I work daily in Revit. Would be nice to be able to customize more from inside of Revit. 
I know the functionality is quite knew, but it would be interesting to know more about the roadmap for Revit-Advance Steel or Steel detailing in Revit in general.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators