Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit a Contour cut

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
2268 Views, 9 Replies

Edit a Contour cut

How do you edit a contour cut ?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Ahmed_Muharram
in reply to: Anonymous

do you mean in a site layout ? 

Ahmed Muharram, B.Sc, AEE, ACI, ACP
BIM Manager
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
Rob_Merriman

Hi @Anonymous 

Is this the contour cut from the Steel tab? If so if you are using 2019 or 2020 then unfortunatly you will have to delete the contour and recreate.

For 2021 you now have the ability to edit these contour cuts, see video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVmNyneE9VM

Rob Merriman, AEC Technical Lead, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Ahmed_Muharram

It is Contour cut on the Steel tab. I am unable to select the contour to modify?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Rob_Merriman

Yes Rob, it is Contour cut on the Steel tab. Thanks.

I am using Revit 2021. 

As per the video link, after you have selected the beam, Revit is allowing you to select that particular contour.

After selecting the beam, am not able to edit boundary as Revit is not allowing me to pick or select the contour to modify?

Message 6 of 10
mihaela.anastasiu

Hi, You don`t have to select the beam in order to select the contour cut. The "tab" option is used for selecting the modifiers (contour cut, shorten, cope, etc). After selecting the contour cut, the edit option should be available in the ribbon,  in Revit 2021. I hope it helps. If not please send us more information ( a print screen with the situation that you encounter)

Mihaela Anastasiu
Product Owner
Message 7 of 10
pheerawatk.s

Hi,
I was having the sane issue. You just simply have to change your 'Detail level' into fine first then you can tab and select the contour object. 

hope this could help! 

Message 8 of 10
bbarceloBSJLC

And is it possible to copy and paste the Contour Cut as it is with Structure Cut? 

Thanks in advance

Message 9 of 10
NigelBlythe
in reply to: Rob_Merriman

Doesn't work.

Using 2022 cant select the contour cuts, just the beam.Screenshot 2023-09-01 112844.jpg

Message 10 of 10
jeff_stuyvesantAO

In visibility / graphics, select Structural Connections and make sure that Modifiers is turned on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators