Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail Item within family

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
AJBuckers
595 Views, 1 Reply

Detail Item within family

Hi All,

I'm after some help with family creation. As my first attempt at creating my own family I'm trying to recreate a pile foundation family I saw on a (sort of) tutorial video here : https://revitstructureblog.wordpress.com/2020/01/29/revit-tutorial-back-to-basics-creating-structura...

It's a face based family with some detailing built in. I've created the 3d geometry ok I think but I'm having difficulty with the detailing elements.

The video stated that you needed to have the detail component shown in both the front/back plane and the left/right plane so it shows up in sections from each way. I've got it in one of the planes (front/back) and it flexes with the 3d geometry which is perfect, but I can't for the life of me get it in the left/right plane... pulling my hair out and I imagine it's something silly I've done or a simple fix... would appreciate some help. attached my families if it helps.

Image below shows the front/back eleveation and the 3d. I've attached the 3d family and the detailing family I made to load in.

Thanks in advance!

Pile family snip.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
elzohry2007
in reply to: AJBuckers

the easy way to use nested family 2d Families for 2d

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the above reply answers your question; Please mark it with ACCEPT SOLUTION
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hosam Elzohry , ACI , ACP, Autodesk Ambassador Gold
BIM Manager
https://www.youracclaim.com/users/hosam-elzohry/badges

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report