Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connections and background calculations

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tj6TCQ5
2939 Views, 4 Replies

Connections and background calculations

I am having trouble with altering a shear plate connection that ultimately crashes Revit 2020 with an infinite loop message. The message reads that it "Cannot perform this action because calculations for steel elements are in progress", however I have the background processes window open and nothing is running. It does this from a fresh opening of the file. The regeneration loading bar at the bottom left progresses to 100% as I click the many close buttons but after that it continues to post the same Task in progress message. I've tried restarting Revit and closing out of additional process' but it still persists.

I came across this as I was trying to increase the number of bolts for a single shear plate into a tube steel column with a W18 coming in from one direction. It only generated 3 bolts and I needed 4. I can neither increase the number of bolts or the plate thickness without this message appearing. 

The steel connections are not entirely necessary in my model at this time but I prefer to include them accurately. Down the road, I'd like to be able to test the conversion to advance steel.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mihai.sandu
in reply to: tj6TCQ5

Hi,

The description of the issue seems to be the same as the one from the following post:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-structure-forum/revit-2020-cannot-perform-this-action-because-c...

Can you confirm?

Regards,

Mihai Sandu

Sr. QA Analyst

Message 3 of 5
ricciTCJPZ
in reply to: mihai.sandu

HI in REVIT 2023 I have this problem. I tried to connect two beams with this command ricciTCJPZ_1-1683800963736.png and then the beams color change and then this message show up and i cannot save or copy or move ..nothing. How can i solve?

I did some updates but it didn't work 

ricciTCJPZ_0-1683800881859.png

Message 4 of 5
tj6TCQ5
in reply to: ricciTCJPZ

ricciTCJPZ your problem may be with alignment of beams. Double check your beams in a 3D view set to coarse and see if the linework connects. Also, if you've already generated the analytical model for your project, there might be conflict with a connection there.
Message 5 of 5
pwildNDUNA
in reply to: tj6TCQ5

I still have this issue in Revit 2023. Bypass is to switch to another project in same Revit instance (click on tab), and come back.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report