Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam system on a slope

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
5387 Views, 5 Replies

Beam system on a slope

I am currently working on a project with beam systems on a sloped roof, and something is not right with the beam systems.

They appear to go through the steel member at the upper end of the slope, any ways of fixing this? forumpicture.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

forumpic.png

Message 3 of 6
Erense

In your other post i have asked to clarify with a screenshot which you provided here already.
I think your top beam schould be placed on the same reference plane as your beam system. Than the objects should interact and nicely fit.

You can than çhange the top beam 'crossection rotation to your slopeangle. Ihave only tried this with concrete not steel beam with flanges.

It work fine then.

With steel beams i do have the same kind of problem The beam system is cut straight and not 'inside' the top beam.

In this case you will need to 'COPE' every beam, im afraid.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,

Edwin Rense
Cadac Group AEC BV
Supporting Consultant AEC
Cadac Group .
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Erense

@cadacerense wrote:

I think your top beam schould be placed on the same reference plane as your beam system.

Thanks for the reply! However I do not think that is working. as the beam system itself is not on the skew, if I put the beam system on the same Reference plane as my Top Beam, I believe it will become 2D and flat like the top beam as it is not sloping. I feel as though it is due to me making a small error previously and it has caught up with me, but I am unsure and do not think it is that, as I am doing everything in the correct steps and algorithms.replypic.png Here is another screenshot of a similar project I am working on where I am currently experiencing the same issue. If you have any other ideas it would be greatly appreciated. I

Message 5 of 6
Erense

So you haven't created a specific workplane to host your beam system?

I have, so maybe that is the trick in doing this.

I have created a new plane that represents the roofslope.

I have created the beamsystem on this plane.

Than created a new top beam on this same plane and given it a rotation so it stands horizontal an not sloped.

I will try to recreate this since i don't have the first try anymore and upload what i have done.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,

Edwin Rense
Cadac Group AEC BV
Cadac Group .
Message 6 of 6
Erense

@Anonymous

I have created a new project to show you what results you can get when using a new referenceplane for both the Beam system as wel as the Top and/or bottom beam.

All objects should be hosted on that plane, so the top and/or bottom beam have to be rotated to stand upright.

After rotation all beam system beams should have additional length. In this case A start and end cutoff length of -150 or even -200.

After lengthening the beams you can use Cope with multiple cut activated so you can easily select the beams to cut at top and/or bottom.

Hope this help clarify the workflow.

Beam system on roof.rvt 2017

Kind regards,

Edwin Rense
Cadac Group AEC BV
Cadac Group .

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report