Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam family to Robot

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
383 Views, 1 Reply

Beam family to Robot

Hello,

I'm currently working on RSA PRO 2016 and Revit 2016. I've done some testing about the interoperability between these two. And i'm facing a problem that I can't resolve at the moment.

I work on a steel structure and I need to define a new beam section. So I've created a new family with the section I wanted (cf 01.PNG). But when I send the model to Robot, it opens a window, allocation table (cf 02.PNG, sorry but I don't know the exact english name for this window). But my section is not in a catalog which is normal. So I can't affect a beam section from a catalog. But I loose all informations about the section i drew previously.

Does it mean that I have to draw the section again in Robot? Is there a way to avoid drawing it again?

Thanks.

Regards,

Séverin MATHIEU

PS : Sorry for my english.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

And I forgot to add that if I do it the other way around, I get the same result.

I start my design in Robot, I draw a new section manually and when I send the model to Revit, this beam is not there. And I don't have any informations from Revit about this beam.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report