Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beam Connection Help

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
caseyMG5WP
170 Views, 1 Reply

Beam Connection Help

I have looked and searched for awhile now but can not find how to make a connection like I am needing to make. An engineer at work designed this small canopy. He calls the beam to column connection a cantilever connection. The structure is 4 columns with a beam that has a plate welded to it and then bolted to the column. I am not very experienced with Revit and no one else in my office is either. I have taken a class about Revit at my college but I have forgotten most of it. The book I have from the class doesn't really cover these types of drawings. The engineer that designed the structure has a Revit book, but it doesn't show connections like this. I would appreciate some guidance on this please.

limwendy_0-1661762534466.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Karol_Piroska
in reply to: caseyMG5WP

Are you asking what connection should the engineer design or did he give you a sketch of the connection to use and you don't know how to model this in Revit? It would be a simple moment connection with an end plate and bolts or with added bottom haunch such as in portal frames. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report