Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baseplate

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ANLVerhoevenBouw
832 Views, 2 Replies

Baseplate

Hello everyone,

Can somebody please help me with the following:

I am trying to make a parametric template plate for placing anchors on construction site. This plate is made out of steel.

So my variables are:

length and with base plate 

n holes side x,

holes side y,

radius holes,

I have tried to make a nested, face based void family, but it'll constantly lose its host, because I am cutting at the edges:

ANLVerhoevenBouw_0-1623328570707.png

This is the error I am receiving when I am using a face based void family which already created.

ANLVerhoevenBouw_1-1623328700824.png

Can somebody help me with a solution.

Regards, Mark

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: ANLVerhoevenBouw

Have you tried a semi-circle the full circle void?

Message 3 of 3
ANLVerhoevenBouw
in reply to: ToanDN

Usually the steel plate function with holes is ok for me, but I'd like to work with a family so it keeps customable troughout the whole project. 

Actually i've been working for a work-around with nested family's.

So I made a face based void en continued to make face based array of that void. When I am nesting that array in the steel plate the host will stay my steel plate. One of the non variables is that on every corner I have a quarter cirkle void, the number in between is variable, so n has a minimum of two. But when both of the arrays (horizontal and vertical) have n=2 the second array hasn't anything to cut so it'll give an error.

The next problem is that I want to cut a variable number in the steel plate. So in type 1, I need an number one cut out. In type 2 I need a two to be cut out. Maybe there is something as a conditional void or something like that?

Please take a look in my family

Greet Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report