Revit Structure Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Structure Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Structure topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base plate bolt arrangement that is not symmetrical

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
d_whynot
1499 Views, 2 Replies

Base plate bolt arrangement that is not symmetrical

Yes, another newbie question. This one is how do I achieve the bolt hole pattern as shown in the attached image? I can get basic pattern holes in but what is involved with getting something more complex modeled?

BP2A.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Rob_Merriman
in reply to: d_whynot

Hi @d_whynot 

So there isnt a base plate macro that will do everything, what you will have to do is use the standard base plate macro to get 70% modelled then manually add the extra anchors and shear anchor plates

Once you have everything modelled as setout as required you can customise the base plate macro and add everything together effectivly making a custom base plate macro.

I have recorded a screencast for you as it was easier than typing everyhting out - https://autode.sk/3y1FzIp

You have some large hoplding down bolts that are not available, all the bolts, anchors etc come from an Advance Steel database, to add new anchorsthey need adding to the Advance Steel databases please see the Autodesk Video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGCvrv2vIVM

Once you have your new anchors you need to get them into Revit, all the Revit bolts and Anchors are taken from the Advance Steel databases which have been copied into the Revit folder Structure, so you need to copy the Advance Steel Database with the new anchors and paste it into the Revit folder structure. Please follow the steps below (Again please note i am working on UK builds so the fodler paths will be different)

1. Shut down Revit and Advance Steel

2. Go to the following folder - C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit Steel Connections 2019\en-UK

3. Rename the AstorBase.mdf to AstorBaseOriginal.mdf (Always best to have a backup)

4. Delete the file AstorBase_Log.ldf

5. Go to the following folder C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Advance Steel 2019\GBR\Steel\Data

6. Copy the file AstorBase.mdf and paste it into C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit Steel Connections 2019\en-UK

7. When you reboot your Revit you will now have the Anchor that you created in Advance Steel available inside your Revit Base Plate connection

Rob Merriman, AEC Technical Lead, Graitec
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
d_whynot
in reply to: Rob_Merriman

Rob,

This is phenomenal. Thanks for the detailed information and script. I have played a little with Advanced Steel for a weird plate detail I had on another job. Now I get to look at it again for this assignment. Hopefully Autodesk will incorporate more Advanced Steel abilities into Revit (one of my AUGI wish list items). 

Thanks again for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators