Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the generic family becomes greyed out in the MEP discipline in Revit

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
alpawar.ind
1516 Views, 4 Replies

Why the generic family becomes greyed out in the MEP discipline in Revit

Hi Everyone. 

I have been creating the Lightning protection system family accessories (Air rod) family. As there is no individual category for LPS system. Therefore i have assigned generic category for it. 

When i place this family in Electrical>Power plan the family automatic becomes greyed out. Please have a look on the attached snap shot. 

Please assist me on this 

Snapsot.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: alpawar.ind

Typically, any generic family will show up grey in a discipline view, and normal in coordination views.  You could go around this but setting the family to either Electrical Fixture or Equipment and creating a subcategory for it.

Message 3 of 5
hidroform

@alpawar.ind 

You need to apply a view filter.

Sérgio Murilo

Message 4 of 5

Hello @alpawar.ind,

Please see this Autodesk article About the View Discipline.

The Generic Model Category is an Architectural category in Revit en will therfore dicipline in halftone in Electrical and Mechanical Views.

So in Views where the Discipline is set to Mechanical, Plumbing, or Electrical.

Set your family Category to a Mechanical or Electrical family Categories or set your View discipline to Coordination. 

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,
Robert Klempau
Senior Consultant AEC
Cadac Group AEC BV

Message 5 of 5
s.borello

This is how Revit is designed... either change your RFA category, switch to coordination view, or override graphics in view. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators