Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility of Concrete Walls w/Mechanical Discipline

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mcordova
701 Views, 4 Replies

Visibility of Concrete Walls w/Mechanical Discipline

Morning guys, in

My issue - I lose visibility of concrete walls when using the "look up" view orientation with a mechanical discipline.

I set up our base template views in the mechanical discipline. I want to see ceilings when my colleagues and I are drawing and printing so I change the view to "look up" and adjust my view range accordingly. The ONLY issue from making these views perfect for our workflow is that I lose concrete wall visibility when switching from 'look down' to 'look up'. Does anybody know how to retain concrete wall visibility with a Mechanical discipline and a 'look up' underlay orientation set (so I want concrete walls to have the same visibility in 'look up' as they do in 'look down')? Please see attached photos for clarity.

Any help would be great!

Thank you,

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Mirko.Jurcevic
in reply to: mcordova

First check your Base Level (and other level) settings.

Check this out:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/EN...

If this solved your issue, please Accept it as Solution help other forum users with similar issues to find answers easily.

Mirko Jurcevic

My blog: www.engipedia.com
Try my Revit add-ins: Autodesk App Store
Message 3 of 5
hmunsell
in reply to: mcordova

is your Visibility Graphics > Revit Links set to "By Linked View"?  if it is, try picking a Reflected Ceiling view to link vs a Floor plan.

Capture.PNG

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
mcordova
in reply to: hmunsell

@hmunsell 

I'm using by "Host View" for links. I do appreciate the linked view properties because room tags would be easier to deal with, but I need to see ceilings. For some odd reason, ceiling plans are not an available view to chose from when selecting a to view by "linked view". If they were, I would strongly consider using this as an option for backgrounds (please bring me to the light if you CAN link a ceiling plan view).

Message 5 of 5
mcordova
in reply to: Mirko.Jurcevic

@Mirko.Jurcevic 

Thanks Mirko, my base ranges should be set correctly everything flips when "looking up". I typically run with:

Top: Level Above (Minus slab thickness)

Cut Plane: Associated Level - Offset: (Dimension from slab of associated level to the underside of the slab above). This allows me to view everything. And it works great in the "look down" position and shows all ceilings in the "look up"

Bottom: Associated level - Offset: 4'

View Depth: Associated Level - Offset: 0

Again, in the "look down" position in a mechanical discipline, these view ranges allow me to see everything I want to see except for a ceiling grid. The only way I can see a ceiling grid (which is an absolute must) is if I toggle the Underlay Orientation to a "look up" but then I lose my visibility of concrete walls.

One option i'm considering (that I haven't tested so it might be a terrible idea) is using a real Ceiling Plan view as a working view. In a true CP view, I can see ceiling grid AND concrete walls. I just can't get a floor plan to match.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report