Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Range can't find the level I need.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
isosa9APBT
2303 Views, 6 Replies

View Range can't find the level I need.

I'm working with an architectural firm and I am adding my equipment to the plans. First floor everything is working fine. The second floor is showing ceiling equipment from the first floor and equipment that is on the ceiling of the second floor is showing grayed out. There is an image with an example of that below. I been messing with the View Range for hours trying to get this fixed but I can't figure out. I'm not sure why the architect did the naming they did for the levels but that's what I have to work with. I used copy monitor to get my elevations and grid lines.  Everything seems to be there elevation wise. Not sure what other settings I can change. Any help is highly appreciated, thanks. 

isosa9APBT_0-1587674769926.png    isosa9APBT_1-1587674893254.png

isosa9APBT_2-1587675011183.png

isosa9APBT_5-1587676310318.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RobDraw
in reply to: isosa9APBT

Without seeing the project, my guess is that you don't have plan views for the levels that you are looking for. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 7
isosa9APBT
in reply to: RobDraw

I agree with you. Is there a way to add views? I believe all the views come from the elevations. Which are all there based on the image that shows the elevations with all the different label names, just not showing in the view range. Just not sure how to add one to the view range.

Message 4 of 7
RobDraw

No, you need to create a view that is based on the level that you need to reference in your view range.

Rob

Message 5 of 7
isosa9APBT
in reply to: RobDraw

How do you do that? I'm sorry, I'm not as proficient with Revit. I'm stumbling my way around and learning as I go. I would really appreciate a little more info on how to get more views. I always wondered how to do that but never had to actually add one until now.

Message 6 of 7
RobDraw

Do yourself a favor and get a basic tutorial or course under your belt. There is a wealth of information available that others have done in a way that is much better than can be provided here. If you are trying to start a career using Revit something like the LinkedIn Learning courses are worth their weight in gold.

Rob

Message 7 of 7
dmiller_SCE

Notice how some levels are indicated with blue heads while others are black. In your view range box see how the only levels you can select are the levels that are blue.  Blue means that that a view such as a floor plan has been created for that level. You need to create plans associated with the levels that you need to use in the view range. Using the default "F1" key help menu in Revit should provide you with enough information to create desired plans. I have also provided a link to here. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/EN...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators