Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube Base & Vessel Head

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
swolslegel
724 Views, 4 Replies

Tube Base & Vessel Head

I am fairly new to Revit. I need to draw up a pacakge. How do I create a base for my package? In autocad I would use 4x4 square tube. Also, I started to create a family for my vessel. I have my vessel length all drawn but can't figure out how to draw the vessel heads or the one connection for my piping to connect to. Any help is appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RobDraw
in reply to: swolslegel

Can you be more specific and include images? Your description is quite vague.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 5
swolslegel
in reply to: RobDraw

My vessel drawing I just have the straight sides. I need the top and bottom curved sections like shown in my autocad picture. I also don't have the connection piece. The frame I just have drawn as ductwork right now in my revit model as shown but I need it to be square tube like my autocad picture

Message 4 of 5
iainsavage

You can make the domed ends using Revolves.

Pipe takeoffs, the base, square tubes etc can be Extrusions or Sweeps.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2021/EN...

Message 5 of 5
robert.klempau

Hello @swolslegel,

I created two screencasts for you wherein the first video I show you how to create a vessel body in Revit using the Revolve function

Video 1 Revolve for vessel 

In the second one where I show you how to add a parametric Pipe connection to the vessel.

You can position the Pipe in the horizontal plane using the pipe length and angle parameter. You cal also change the Pipe diameter.

Video 2 Vessel with Pipe 

Note:

If you have a DWG file of your vessel, you can temporarily insert that DWG file in your family to use it for the outlines of your vessel when using the Revolve function. then remove the DWG from your family.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards,
Robert Klempau
Senior Consultant AEC
Cadac Group AEC BV

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report