Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolbox in Revit

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
chris.morse
1032 Views, 6 Replies

Toolbox in Revit

Is there a way to place commonly used devices in a custom toolbox for easy access. reminiscent of ACAD days.  I'm placing a lot of different types of switches/occupancy sensors/power packs/etc. and it is very cumbersome to select each time from a dropdown list of all lighting devices to get to these commonly used ones.  Workflow is really slowing down by the repetitiveness of systems->device->lighting->properties dropdown->scrolling through to find correct device->repeat.  I know I can skip the first two steps in my example by hotkeying lighting devices, but scrolling through an selecting every time is frustrating.  Any ideas? 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RobDraw
in reply to: chris.morse

Are you familiar with Create Similar?

Strategize your inputting so that you are placing similar elements.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 7
chris.morse
in reply to: RobDraw

Yeah, that's kind of what i have to do now, but it results in jumping all over the project/areas, things get missed.  I guess my brain just works better focusing on one space at a time.  Sounds like there is no way to customize a toolset.

Message 4 of 7
RobDraw

Have you tried using the project browser instead of the ribbon?

Rob

Message 5 of 7
L-Vettz

If you don't want to just use the project browser to place families, you can search instead of scroll. If you start typing the name of the family you are looking for instead of scrolling through the list, it will jump to it in the list.

-LV
Message 6 of 7
johna
in reply to: RobDraw

I agree with project browser. drag & droplf.JPG

Criticize but don't hate
Message 7 of 7
RobDraw
in reply to: johna

I prefer right click and create instance to drag and drop. Don't know why though.

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators