Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural Models - Foundation Plans in MEP model ???

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
682 Views, 2 Replies

Structural Models - Foundation Plans in MEP model ???

Hi

I like to show structural foundation plans in my plumbing drawings. Two questions.

1.  What adjusts to Visibility Graphics have to be made so I can see the structural model in the MEP model?

2. What adjusts to Visibility Graphics have to be made to the view so the foundation/ footing plans print?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

There are several areas to check to make sure your structural plans show up. Some of them depend on whether the structural is a Revit file or CAD file. But let's start with these...

First, verify that the structual came in at the correct elevation.

Is this a foundation level plumbing drawing? If your structural isn't at the same level as your plumbing, you can:

1. Adjust the View Range of the plumbing plan view low enough to see foundation level, or

2. Use the foundation plan as an Underlay.

Then you can adjust the V/G settings.

1. Make sure your structural Model Categories are turned on in the view.

2. Make sure your structural Model Categories are turned on in the linked structural file (assuming it's a Revit file) can't think of why they would be off, though.

3. Make sure your view template or view filter isn't turning off structural entities.

Hopefully something here helps. If not, let us know.

AJ

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Something else to try to get the proper view and assuming you are using a linked structural model. Go to VG and click on the "Revit links" tab. click "Override display settings for this instance". Click "By Linked View" then click the drop down box below and you should see a list of views set up by the structural engineer. Chose the appropriate view for you and ok out of all that to see if you got the proper view. You can then go back and click the "custom" button next to the "by linked view" button and change visibility settings in the model and annotation categories to turn off any structural stuff you dont want. I usually turn off all structural annotation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators