Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Formula for Fittings Cost

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
stevej
658 Views, 4 Replies

Schedule Formula for Fittings Cost

Hi All

I have only recently started using Revit MEP and had a Love/Hate relationship to start with but now we are warming to each other. 

Could anyone help me out with Schedule formulas, i'm trying to build some cost schedules and i have a pipe cost formula that works fine but im struggling with a formula for pipe fittings.  For some reason the formula i am using will not read the pipe fitting Size details, it seems to be related to the ( - xx mmø ) element.

Any help with the attached formula or other ideas for fitting costing would be most appreciated.

Thanks Steve Fitting Schedule FormulaFitting Schedule Formula

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PavelAnd
in reply to: stevej

Hi @stevej . I think you cannot use "Size" parameter in a formula because its storage type is "String". To use a parameter in a formula, you need a number ("Integer" or "Double"). See if there is a suitable parameter in your family and if not, add it.

PavelAnd_0-1590500503772.png

Best regards, Pavel Plotitsyn.

Message 3 of 5
stevej
in reply to: PavelAnd

Thanks for your advise Pavel.

The problem i have with adding a parameter is it needs to correspond to the size of the fitting and as this differs when you connect a pipe to the fitting i cant think of a parameter to use that will change when the fitting size changes.  Any ideas?

Reagrds Steve

Message 4 of 5
PavelAnd
in reply to: stevej

If you open the mechanical template and create a standard fitting, then you will see that it has the parameters nominal radius and nominal diameter. But they are not available in the schedule. Add a general parameter and equate it with the formula in the family to the radius parameter (I equated to the radius, for the diameter in the formula you need to add "*2"). Next, create a schedule, add the created general parameter and create a parameter with formula for the price. Examples in the attachment (R2019).

pf.gif

Best regards, Pavel Plotitsyn.

Message 5 of 5
stevej
in reply to: PavelAnd

Hi Pavel

Thanks heaps for that it has fixed the issue i was having, also really good to have the GIF video made it easy to follow your instructions.

Your a star 

Regards Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report