Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Scale

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
796 Views, 6 Replies

Revit Scale

Hi,
Why when I scale my project symbols which I put stay in the same scale but the rest changes . What should I do? I want to the same scale for all.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AJA14
in reply to: Anonymous

What do you mean by project symbols.
Symbols in Revit are annotation elements and change with the scale. If by chance you created these symbols using model lines, then they will retain their scale.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: AJA14

I mean family symbol. For example socket. Drawing changes scale but the sockets doesn't.

Message 4 of 7
AJA14

Could you please post images.
If the view is set to fine, the socket will not show any symbol and will not scale because it is the model element. If it is set to medium or fine, then the symbol should change with scale.
Question: Is it an out of the box family.
Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: AJA14

skala1.jpg

GOODskala2.jpg

BAD

Message 6 of 7
chrisplyler

Symbols are designed to stay the same size no matter your scale. So when you print, they are always 7mm or whatever regardless of your view scale. The reason is that, if they DID scale along with the view, they would be tiny dots at 1:500 and useless. Who does electrical power plans in office spaces at 1:500. You're zoomed in on your screen, but take a look at your 1:500 view on a sheet. An office space power plan is useless at that scale.

If you want a 1:500 view, it must be for some other purpose than an office space power plan, so turn off electrical devices in the VG.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: chrisplyler

Thanks for your anwser. Could you look at this topic http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-mep/reivt-mep/td-p/5553980

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report