Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit project file size & construction cloud operability

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dbarta_2ZJYJ62HJAKJ
171 Views, 2 Replies

Revit project file size & construction cloud operability

I was hoping to see what file size would be considered large in today's day and age, as a lot of posts discussing file sizes for Revit projects are several years old. Would a file size of 4GB or more be considered large? The issue we are running into are Revit models being unable to be loaded within the Autodesk construction cloud app on lower end iPad models, causing the app to instantly crash. Would the large file of these projects be the cause of such a crash? The workaround has been upgrading devices to iPad models that contain a larger amount of RAM, but this is not ideal.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@dbarta_2ZJYJ62HJAKJ wrote:

Would a file size of 4GB or more be considered large?

Yes, even for higher end equipment. Size is not the only factor that can affect performance. As you are finding, equipment needs to be up to spec, especially for larger models.

Message 3 of 3
fabiosato
in reply to: RSomppi

Hello,

Autodesk says that 20x of RAM will be necessary to open files in Revit.

In your case, opening your file on a desktop will require at least 40GB of RAM to keep it running smoothly.

Regarding to ACC app, I believe that for such large model, it will require a large amount of memory in the device to open it, I would guess at least the same as the file size.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report