Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit parameters

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tiago.santos-e
294 Views, 2 Replies

Revit parameters

Apologies for the question, I have just started using Revit. 

The company I work at (public water company) has set a list of parameters that wants to see implemented in future projects. Those parameters are not in English. 

Nevertheless, some of those parameters already exist in Revit in some way (e.g. dimensional parameters).

The lead designer is asking us if he can use revit parameters in those cases or if he should also create custom parameters as he is doing for those not present in Revit.

Is there any risk in loss of uniformity in using some Revit parameters in English and already set by the software and others in a foreign language and slightly different (e.g. COMPANY_parameter) ?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kadmonkee
in reply to: tiago.santos-e

it might be a good idea to establish company shared parameters in any language.

this file is shared on a network drive for all Revit users to leverage

see link below

create shared Parameters 

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 3 of 3

Note that the parameters have a unique identifier (you can see them in the txt file that holds the shared parameters). So if one is created you need to transfer that to other people. They can't just create a new one with the same name - those will have different identifiers and will be seen as distinct by Revit (but not by humans that only see the name).

I don't think you can rename shared parameters. Why not standardize on English names or what your main language is? Revit doesn't care if a name is English or Klingon. You can rename project parameters - but I'm not sure if they then truly still are the same. Renaming those works in the context of the same project. Not sure if that is true when you transfer them. 

Good idea to name them in a specific way. I for example call all the shared parameters I create "SHARED_whatever". that way I always see which ones are mine, and which ones came from manufacturer families etc. 

Revit version: R2024.2.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators