Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Link Phase vs. Host Model Phase

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
632 Views, 2 Replies

Revit Link Phase vs. Host Model Phase

I work for an electrical company, and I am having some issues with phases for Revit.

Company standard has different line types/line type scales for our symbols vs what the architect uses. An example, a demolished wall in the linked model is a dashed line, but our demolished devices uses a 0.25 scaled dashed line that is also overridden as yellow color.

We have set our line types for existing and demolished line types using the Phasing Graphic Overrides. However, the linked model seems to use our Phasing Graphic Overrides settings to match our line styles. We don't want to have the Architect's line styles to match ours, but we also don't want to have a bunch of view filters to show our devices differently.

Our current work around is using view filters to change the color and line type of an electrical element based off of a shared parameter's text value. Then, in the Phase Graphic Overrides, we Transfer Project Standards to have the Architectural settings match with the Linked Model (clearing the overrides of the colors, it was messing with the colors of the settings via the screenshot). The problem we are facing with this is that we constantly miss devices that are supposed to be demolished, but are showing in the new plans.

Is there a way to have our custom graphics dependent on the Phase Created and Phase Demolished settings instead of using the shared parameter? Or is there a way that the Phase Graphic Overrides settings can be set to our custom settings and have the linked model use its override settings?

Attached is a screenshot of what the settings look like in the Linked Model. The Object Styles is set to the host model because we also have custom colors concerning the Architectural model and the Phase Graphic Overrides settings doesn't override the colors if the linked model already has overrides.

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
iainsavage
in reply to: Anonymous

The phase graphics override settings are universal and affect all objects and all views in the same way. You can accept that, keep life simple and let Revit do the work or if you need to comply with a more complex set of graphical standards then you need to develop a workaround like the one you are using and you need to rely on the user to apply the correct parameter and template settings (in autocad they would have had to apply the correct layer settings so its not much different?).

I would ask myself if it really matters to me that the architectural demolitions show in the same colour as the MEP demos and maybe just accept that as being the case to keep it simple.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: iainsavage

@iainsavage wrote:

The phase graphics override settings are universal and affect all objects and all views in the same way. You can accept that, keep life simple and let Revit do the work or if you need to comply with a more complex set of graphical standards then you need to develop a workaround like the one you are using and you need to rely on the user to apply the correct parameter and template settings (in autocad they would have had to apply the correct layer settings so its not much different?).

I would ask myself if it really matters to me that the architectural demolitions show in the same colour as the MEP demos and maybe just accept that as being the case to keep it simple.

That's what I thought. I'll have to talk to the team to see what they want to do. Our set up in AutoCAD uses Tool Palettes, so all of our objects already have the correct layers applied to them. Thanks a bunch for the reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report