Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit - intelligent pipe taps?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
i_am_fail
1290 Views, 2 Replies

Revit - intelligent pipe taps?

I'm trying to set up routing preferences to behave as follows:

If a pipe junctions into a larger pipe, a tap should be created
If a pipe junctions into a same-size pipe, a tee should be created
If a pipe junctions into a smaller pipe, a reducing tee should be created

If a pipe with an end-type of grooved junctions into a pipe, a grooved tap or tee should be created per the rules above
If a pipe with an end-type of threaded junctions into a pipe, a threaded tap or tee should be created per the rules above

Currently it seems like revit only allow me to drive routing based on sizes - not sizes driven by the two intersecting pipes and not by an end-type parameter. Is there any workaround?

would I have to create a parametric family that has a tap, tee, and reducing tee inside it, and use if-then conditionals to show the tap, tee, or reducing tee based on what its connected to?? seems extremely bad solution

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
fabiosato
in reply to: i_am_fail

Hello,

Unfortunatelly, when it comes to choosing between tee or tap there are no automation available, you can:

1 - Create too pipe types, one uses too in routing preferences and another using tap.

2 - Whenever you need to use tee or tap, change the routing preferences before connecting.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

What about

\Pipe\Fittings\Generic\Branch-Connection-Welded-Generic.rfa

?

Ron Allen
Ware Malcomb Bim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report