Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit Fabrication or Third Party App?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
evgeny.kurbatov
381 Views, 8 Replies

Revit Fabrication or Third Party App?

A while ago we have been using the SysQue application for producing a mechanical fabrication model (ductwork and piping) and spooling drawings.

What is the situation now? Is the Revit Fabrication module the best option at the moment? Are there good alternatives to the Revit Fabrication?

I appreciate any comment. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
s.borello
in reply to: evgeny.kurbatov

I have been exploring eVolve Electrical and it is amazing!  Also, it isn't cheap... about 4,000 USD per user per year.

Message 3 of 9
r_hatch

I have been using SysQue for 6 years

Message 4 of 9
RSomppi

@evgeny.kurbatov wrote:

Is the Revit Fabrication module the best option at the moment?

That is totally reliant on your requirements and expertise. Fabrication parts do not have any flow information. If you need to do calculations, an addon that utilizes families and systems would be a better option.

Message 5 of 9
evgeny.kurbatov
in reply to: r_hatch

I've heard the Revit built-in module for Fabrication got significant improvements recently. Did you have a chance to try it? It is free. Comparing the functionality is SysQue still worth the money?

Message 6 of 9
craigjonnson
in reply to: RSomppi

Flow calculations were never really working in Revit in any case. Issues regarding friction loss in fittings, valves, dampers, and other inline, end-of-line equipment or any item with more than 2 connectors. It is only useful for conceptual design. 

Message 7 of 9
RSomppi
in reply to: craigjonnson

@craigjonnson wrote:

Flow calculations were never really working in Revit in any case. Issues regarding friction loss in fittings, valves, dampers, and other inline, end-of-line equipment or any item with more than 2 connectors. It is only useful for conceptual design. 

That's not the topic of this discussion. They are used and it could be a deal breaker when making the choice to use fab parts or not.

Message 8 of 9
evgeny.kurbatov
in reply to: RSomppi

We don't need calculations. Just need to understand what fabrication software is on the market.

Message 9 of 9
RSomppi

@evgeny.kurbatov wrote:

We don't need calculations. Just need to understand what fabrication software is on the market.

I find that the best way to "understand" them is to try them. Most have a trial period and tutorials and/or will do live presentations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report