Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement family

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
engmohamedyahia28VLDTF
191 Views, 3 Replies

Replacement family

Hi all 

I've written a script dynmo to retrieve element locations and place non-hosted family instances in the same location. However, I can't find a method to automatically delete the hosted family after placing the non-hosted family in the same dynmo code. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

If you have the element location, then you should also have the elements itself.
Have you tried element.delete to get them removed?
Consider uploading your dynamo script and maybe small sample project

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 4

elements.delete should be available in recent versions of Revit/Dynamo (I want to say since 2021?) as a standard library node, and available through the archi-lab package for versions before that.

Message 4 of 4

I don't know about Dynamo but we do this exact thing in C# for un-hosting our Support Families from Fabrication Parts Pipe.

I don't have access to the source code but it can be done.

One problem I have with our code is it actually deletes and replaces the Support in the same place. This means you lose any Tags and dimension's etc.

If I was to get this changed I would move the Instance say 10mm in the Z axis with disjoin ticked. Then move the instance back to original coordinates and rotation. It will then maintain Parameter values.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report