Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with pipe fittings

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
mario.biasi.athenagroup
839 Views, 8 Replies

Problems with pipe fittings

Hi all,

I'm using Revit 2019 for create a drainage piping layout. I'm using Wavin library.

When I open a plant view, I set "fine" detail level of view and "hidden line" for visualization style, the pipe fittings are not visible correctly (see attachment file wavin-pipe-fittings.JPG).

When I set "wireframe" for visualization style of current view, all pipe fittings are correctly visible.

Can someone help me?

Thanks,

Mario

M.Biasi
Labels (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

I’ve used a lot of Wavin fitting families, which are excellent, but I’m not familiar with those ones in your images - which particular product range are they from?

From the images it looks like part of the fitting should be inside the bore of the pipe but is protruding through the pipe wall, possibly a mismatch between the pipe segment type and the fittings which you are using with it?

Would it be possible to upload a small sample model with some pipe and fittings for me to examine?

Message 3 of 9

can you upload one of the families for us to look at? i have seen similar stuff happen when the maker of the family is using 3D DWG's imported into the family vs actually making it correctly using Revit content.

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9

Thanks for you reply.
Tomorrow I will upload a little rvt model with that elements.
M.Biasi
Message 5 of 9

Hi,
thanks for you reply.
Tomorrow I will upload a .rfa.
M.Biasi
Message 6 of 9

Hi,

here the rfa file.

Thanks

M.Biasi
Message 7 of 9

Hi,

here a little project sample.

Many Thanks.

M.Biasi
Message 8 of 9

There is nothing wrong with the fittings, pipe or your modelling.

The problem is the hidden line settings in the project - if you set them all to zero the fittings display okay.

iainsavage_1-1623304684157.png

iainsavage_0-1623304640734.png

Message 9 of 9

Thanks at all.
M.Biasi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report