Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with transparent insulation on the duct/pipe

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
frischmann.akos
510 Views, 6 Replies

Problem with transparent insulation on the duct/pipe

Hi!

I have some ducts in shaded view (1. Picture)
I want a transparent insulation on this ducts. Only the two thiny parts of the ducts sides will be transparent and the ducts is stay in shaded color (3. picture). But if i change the insulation transparency the duct/pipe also be transparent (2. picture).
How can i take this part of the ducts transparent or can i change only the insulation to wire frame?

Thankskép_2022-12-04_162145259.pngkép_2022-12-04_162219546.pngkép_2022-12-04_162337660.png

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mikewp90
in reply to: frischmann.akos

Need more information to see what the problem is. I tried replicating this without a problem but that is perhaps my misunderstanding of what your issue is.

Ill give it a go. Shading of your duct comes from the default material chosen in your object styles. This is typically just a grey fill. If you use wire frame you would need to use a filter to override the solid fill of the duct. There is a forum topic HERE that talks about using filters. 

Message 3 of 7
frischmann.akos
in reply to: mikewp90

Thank you. I check the forum.
Message 4 of 7
frischmann.akos

I don't use wireframe. That's a shaded view and some transparency in the ducts. But if i put insulation on the ducts, the insulation is override the ducts parameters too. I want only transparent insulation with shaded duct. If i set transparency for the insulation the duct is also be a transparent.
I take a picture what i want to achieve:
1111.png

But it's work only in Consistent Color mode, not in the Shaded where i want. 

Is the problem is undertandable?

Message 5 of 7
mikewp90

Apply transparency to the insulation only, it should result this in "Shaded View".

michaelwpopovich_1-1670869688852.pngmichaelwpopovich_2-1670869727000.png

Message 6 of 7
frischmann.akos

Thank You for your answer. Intresting if i create a new view template and do it the same like you the problem solved. In my old view template i did it the same and there isn't work.
Thank you again, i'll made a new view template.
Message 7 of 7
mikewp90

Happy to help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report