Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with 220V Tags

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
379 Views, 4 Replies

Problem with 220V Tags

In this BIM project I'm making, all my 220v power plugs have two poles, we can see that on the panel schedule: all the 220V power plugs uses 2 lines, while the 127 ones uses only one line. So far so good, but when I have to put tags on the wires, all the 220V ones are tagged like they were using 2 circuits, but they actually use a single one.Screenshot_7.pngScreenshot_8.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RobDraw
in reply to: Anonymous

That's correct. From the point of view of the panel it's two circuits.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

But I'm not using two circuits for a single 220V plug...

Message 4 of 5
RobDraw

I'm no expert but if you have a look at a real panel like the one in your model, you'll see that the 220V circuit breakers take up two spaces and the 120s (or whatever similar voltage) only use one space. I'm sorry having to say that if you already knew that.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 5
mauricio_mssf

Hey @Anonymous  , It represents that way, showing the two numbers of the circuit, only the family that you got confused, use the family (4. 2FT).

1.png

Revit understands a pole as intended for a circuit breaker, when there are two poles, they are two circuit breakers, but the circuit is one.

Ex:
- Circuit (1) refers to circuit breaker 1, which controls the lighting.
- Circuit (4,5) refers to the double circuit breaker, which controls the shower.

They are not two circuits, they are two poles that make 1 circuit, different from circuit 4 and circuit 5,

Take a look at this sequence of videos, He is the creator of this template you're using.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixq-7oP7NF4&list=PLAQY-8gn3asZr0q_QiGhqPHhzXtZeWrJA  

If the answer solves your problem, click Accept as Solution this helps other users to quickly find an answer and like if you liked it.

Você achou esta postagem útil? Sinta-se à vontade para curtir esta postagem.
Ficou satisfeito com a resposta à sua pergunta? Nesse caso, clique no botão ACEITAR SOLUÇÃO.

Mauricio Santos Filho Arquiteto | BIM Manager
EESignature 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report