Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant 3D to Revit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kerem_doganFB9V5
492 Views, 3 Replies

Plant 3D to Revit

Hello,

I'm currently working on a facility modeling project in Revit, and I previously created the piping design using Plant3D. I'd like to transfer the piping drawings to Revit. To be honest, I'm new to Revit, and I'm not sure if this is the correct approach.

Your insights on this matter are important to me.

Thank you, and best regards.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I don't have any personal experience attempting this workflow, but there's some presentations available through Autodesk University that seem directly related:

https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/class/3D-Model-Collaboration-AutoCAD-Plant-3D-and-Revit...

https://www.autodesk.com/autodesk-university/search?query=plant+3D+revit

Message 3 of 4
dbutts7
in reply to: kerem_doganFB9V5

Be aware that Plant 3D pipes, based on AutoCAD geometry, will not take on the same characteristics of new design or fabrication pipe in Revit. They can come in as basic 3D solids but you will not be able to modify them using the piping tools in Revit. Look into using IFC for the conversions - personally, I only link in the 3D model from Plant and use it as a reference, but make sure you save the DWG from a 3D view for consistency's sake

thanks - David B.

David A. Butts

Virtual Design and Construction Manager - Kimley-Horn

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
dbutts7
in reply to: kerem_doganFB9V5

What type of facility are your modeling? Do the design requirements include you to use detailed spec-driven components?

thanks - David B.

David A. Butts

Virtual Design and Construction Manager - Kimley-Horn

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report