Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change MEP System in families connector

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mzmaso90
332 Views, 2 Replies

Change MEP System in families connector

mzmaso90_0-1697039757607.pngWhen trying to assign a specific system for a mechanical equipment not included in those one puposed by Revit but created in the project, duplicating an existing one and renaming, I cannot find a way to select and change the arranged by default. So for example to give a system ducts for this heat recuperator to the fresh air duct, It seems that the connector has no ways to do it, and pipe segments gives no the right results.

Could I collect any observations from you?

Thank you for your patience

Best regards

Lorenzo

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hmunsell
in reply to: mzmaso90

that is the system classification, not the System Type.

hmunsell_0-1697041126180.png   hmunsell_1-1697041291465.png

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2023/ENU/?caas=caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Pipe-System-Classif...

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
dbutts7
in reply to: mzmaso90

Howard's correct - the classification is primarily used to define the airflow calculation method needed for the type of system. The "system type" is what allows you to have variations in this (Supply Air, SP Low pressure, etc.) but has to be based on the overall type of airflow being used.

The connector only needs to know which one of the classifications to use. Other Air will not calculate flow, and fitting should only be used for connectors that are "passing" flow values through another device such as an elbow, tee. These devices have their own values based on design criteria for items such as loss co-efficient. 

FYI, I stay away from global - that one allows you to use any system classification based on what's set for the duct. It's rare that I would have family where I don't define the classification, since I need to keep them separate for data management purposes.

thanks - David B.

David A. Butts

Virtual Design and Construction Manager - Kimley-Horn

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report