Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Material

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
21375 Views, 7 Replies

Pipe Material

Mechanical Settings Snap Shot.PNGRouting Preferences Screen Shot.PNGGood day,

I created a Revit Template in which I have standard pipe types, one being Carbon Steel.  The color of the pipe is black and used to be grey.

I have seen that if  you create a pipe segment to base it on you have the ability to assign material however, I cannot see where you can change this afterwards.  Can this be done or can materials only be assigned once you create a new pipe segment.

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rudi.roux
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

The best or quickest and easiest way is to change the "global material type" for the pipe segment. If you're unsure which Material is assigned to a Pipe Segment, simply click on the Pipe and have a look at your Properties Pallet. 

1-PIPE-1.png

As you can see for Copper - A, the Material assigned to it is Copper, this can "Globally be Changed" by going to the Manage Tab >> Settings >> Materials. Then scroll down to Copper and re-assign a "New Material" to Copper or change the Appearance of the Material as you desire. (Or Simply change the Metal >> Type). 

1-PIPE-2.png

The other way would off-course be just to Create a "New Segment" with a "Newly Created Material" assigned to it which you can change down the line as you desire. 

For Example: 

1-PIPE-3.PNG

You can also go through THIS POST for some additional info. 

I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Rudi Roux
MSc | Digital Engineering Manager
LinkedIn
Revit Mechanical & Electrical Systems 2018 Certified Professional | Revit MEP & Architecture 2015 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2015 Certified Professional | Autodesk Building Performance Analysis (BPA) Certificate

If this post resolved your issue, kindly Accept as the Solution below. Kudos are always welcome

Message 3 of 8
dzanta

you can adjust the material and their properties in the Material dialog box after you have created it.

a.jpgb.jpg

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: rudi.roux

Hi Rudi,

Thank you for the reply, I just wanted to know why my settings would be greyed out in the properties box unlike yours.

Message 5 of 8
rudi.roux

Hi @Anonymous

It's a pleasure. Smiley Happy Are you asking why my section where I assign a new material isn't Greyed Out when creating a New Segment? OR are you happy with everything now? 

My Material is also Greyed Out when assigning a new one, you just need to click on the "Box with Dots" as shown below to open the Material Browser to assign/create a new material. 

1-pipe-4.png

I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Rudi Roux
LinkedIn
Revit Mechanical & Electrical Systems 2018 Certified Professional | Revit MEP & Architecture 2015 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2015 Certified Professional | Autodesk Building Performance Analysis (BPA) Certificate

If this post resolved your issue, kindly Accept as the Solution below. Kudos are always welcome

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: dzanta

What happen with the fittings? How do I match the colors?

Message 7 of 8
RobDraw

Just matching the color would be a different topic and would be better suited in it's own thread. If you want to match the material, that's assigned within the fitting family.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 8 of 8
rudi.roux

Hi @Anonymous, 

Hope you are well. Have a look at THIS POST which runs through your question. 

Kind Regards,

Rudi Roux
LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators