Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe lines automatically created when try to connect ducts

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
mzmaso90
489 Views, 12 Replies

Pipe lines automatically created when try to connect ducts

mzmaso90_0-1687706531709.png

In my revit project compare a few lines created by Revit as I tried to connect the HVAC diffuser to the forward ducts, now i cannot click and erase these lines which I aim to cancel. Any knowledge of how to delete them?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
iainsavage
in reply to: mzmaso90

If you mean the warning triangles and the lines connected to them these are warning that you have open ends on the system. They do not print and they will disappear once the system is fully connected.

If you don't want to see them then you can disable them on the Analyze tab, Check Systems panel, Show Disconnects button

iainsavage_0-1687729878430.png

Message 3 of 13
iainsavage
in reply to: iainsavage

....but notice that the two triangles at the left side of your image are telling you that your duct is not properly connected to the terminal so there are two open ends.

Message 4 of 13
mzmaso90

No, I'm not refering to that, It's about the single line associated that is not selectable, in this project which has been casually created when I tried to ri associate the end Air diffuser to the duct line... Maybe You didn't realized the lenght of the line inside the screenshot. Usually the Advert shows the Error but not far from the duct.

Message 5 of 13
iainsavage

Which line?

Could you mark up your screenshot to highlight which line you are referring to?

Message 6 of 13
mzmaso90

mzmaso90_0-1687792970125.png

I canceled the diffuser so you understand that problems may more come from bug, i think, due to the fact that before there was a diffuser, as you can se from left, but  still remains

Message 7 of 13
RobDraw

Click on the triangle for more information about the disconnect and please refrain from calling something a bug before you fully understand what is going on. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 8 of 13
iainsavage

Could you upload the project file again please.

Message 9 of 13
fabiosato

Hello,

It may happen that, when some set of values are applied to the family, the geometry becomes not valid for creation, then Revit automatically deletes the solids.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
mzmaso90

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApcgaSgccmj-uSjudA3L8Fd12Y3G?e=20J4ES I hope you can open it. Basically I don't have older file that compressed, will fit the size limit.

Message 11 of 13
iainsavage

You have a lot of disconnects.

These branches for example are not connected to the main duct:

iainsavage_0-1687871762984.png

Many disconnects are due to use of fabrication hangers with standard Revit duct instead of fabrication duct - the hangers are not connected to the duct and not connected to structure:

iainsavage_1-1687872262508.png

Here you seem to be trying to connect multiple fans into one main duct? There are many other examples of this in your model.

iainsavage_2-1687872533928.png

In this example (one of several) your air terminal is not connected to the duct:

iainsavage_9-1687873929727.png

In this example the tee is not connected to the ducts:

iainsavage_10-1687874217601.png

This bend is not connected to the duct (many instances of this in your model):

iainsavage_11-1687874466628.png

Getting to the subject of your post, the warning triangles which you showed in your screenshot are telling you that there are open connectors on two different ducts, neither of which is the one that you see:

iainsavage_3-1687872648188.png

There are two ducts in this location which for some reason can't be seen. Their IDs are:

iainsavage_4-1687873441727.pngiainsavage_5-1687873487744.png

623698:

iainsavage_7-1687873698462.png

623710:

iainsavage_6-1687873629252.png

When I select by ID then delete them the warning triangles disappear:

iainsavage_8-1687873824934.png

Hope this helps.

Message 12 of 13
mzmaso90

Hello @iainsavage Iansavage, the last topic was the the real problem, I didn't use the ID selection,so I will try to use.For the rest, which you discussed correctly in the list, I fixed it, meanwhile attaching to you the file, silently. Anyway Thank you for your time and perusal.

Message 13 of 13
iainsavage

@mzmaso90  schrieb:

I didn't use the ID selection,so I will try to use.

Just for information and for anyone in the future.

Click on the warning triangle and the warning box appears on screen.

Click the "Expand" button (arrowed below)

iainsavage_0-1687954276525.png

Initially this doesn't tell you anything new:

iainsavage_1-1687954334490.png

Expand the tree by clicking on the plus sign, expand each sub-level:

iainsavage_2-1687954434092.png

You can tick the item to get more information but I usually find that "More info" remains greyed out and the "Show" button doesn't work very well and rarely uses the current view to highlight the item.

You can, once ticked, select "Delete Checked" and that will delete the element but at this stage you won't actually know what it is that you are deleting, so use this option with caution. 

Alternatively take a note of the element ID. Unfortunately you can't copy it directly from the dialogue box - you can export it to an html file to allow copy/paste but I find it just as quick to write it down.

Close the dialogue box.

Go to Select by ID button on the Manage tab, Inquiry panel:

iainsavage_0-1687955118725.png

Insert the ID and then click on "OK" - this will select the element and you can see it in your current view and interrogate its properties.

iainsavage_1-1687955334468.png

Then you will have enough information to allow you to decide if you really want to delete the item or do something else with it.

In this case I moved the elements and they became visible again, no idea why they were hidden, maybe some sort of masking region in one of the other families?

iainsavage_2-1687955818382.png

Then you can delete them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators