Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe connected pipe fittings screw up flow - check pipe systems doesn't work

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
HVAC-Novice
1121 Views, 2 Replies

Pipe connected pipe fittings screw up flow - check pipe systems doesn't work

I have 2 hydronic return and supply systems and as decribed here I had them all resolved so I could calculate pressuredrop. Then I added some Tee'd off gauges, ended some endcaps. the way I add the gauges (like temperature gauge, sensor well) is to make a Tee and connect the attached family.

Those added gauges seem to screw up my flow. When I just add endcaps, all is well. but whne I attach one of these gauges, the "inspector" tool disappears. I tried to make them fittings, and endcaps, normal caps etc. nothing seems to improve. Is there a better way to make gauges for pipes? They don't really need a connector for all I care, but I wanted to physically connect them to a pipe.

When inserted it looks like the attached picture where a gauge and temperature sensor well are connected to that Tee and are part of the system (the orange is the color of that system). When I take the gauges off, and add an endcap instead, it works. So what i need is a gauge that properly works as an endcap. Or some other way entirely.

I tried the "check Pipe systems" tool. But it literally does nothing. I even made some open connections, it doesn't show them at all (same for ducts). I can see the open connections with the "show disconnects". but the help makes it look like the "check pipe system"tool will show me open connections, and show more problems and dashed liens etc. noting. Is there some trick for the check pipe tool? Like a way it could be made invisible? When I click it the "modify" button just blinks. I even created a system consisting of just one open pipe, and that not even gives me any warnings with the "check pipe systems" tool (but properties tell me that one-pipe system has flow mismatch)

Revit version: R2024.2.1
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

As a fast answer, try to go to Family Category, and change Part type to Cap and see if this fixes the issue,

Next step is to change it from pipe acessories to pipe fitting + part type = Cap

pipe.png

Keep me posted

Alaaeldin Alsahli

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 3 of 3

I haven't tried your method. But what I meanwhile came up with was to use the OOB endcap and nested my gauges in it. that seems to work as it still works as endcap.

Revit version: R2024.2.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators