Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phases in arch model

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
revitworkbench
373 Views, 3 Replies

phases in arch model

hello,

I have an arch model that for some reason doesnt have the OOTB demo phase in it. It only has the Existing and New Construction Phases, I linked this model into my MEP model and mapped the phases to get the demo'ed walls in the arch model to show up properly. However, I want the arch model elements to have a different line weight for their demo phase than the MEP demo phase elements. But I dont see how to do it. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
fabiosato
in reply to: revitworkbench

Hello,

Demolished components belongs to the phase in which they will be demolished, for example a existing wall that will be demolished before new construction phase belongs to existing phase.

What identifies it as demolished is the use of the hammer tool, which causes a change in the wall properties, if a phase graphics override is applied it will change its graphics.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
revitworkbench
in reply to: fabiosato

hello, thanks for your answer but the phase settings that I make in the arch model seem to be overridden in the MEP model and I am trying to get two different line weights for the MEP demolished elements, which actually Have a Demo phase and the Arch model demolished elements which do not have a demo phase. OOTB Revit has a Demolition Phase, at least the mechanical template does, Ive never seen it without one, and ive never had to create one either so please explain how one phase belongs to another? See attached. Thanks

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: revitworkbench

Your best bet would be to eliminate the "demolition" phase and demolish existing elements in the new construction phase. Use the graphic overrides to alter your line styles/weights to indicate demolished elements, then halftone the arch background.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report