Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perforated Cable Tray

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2294 Views, 2 Replies

Perforated Cable Tray

Does anyone know how to create perforated cable trays (similar to that of the one in the image below)? 

Or has anyone got any families for this they could possibly share?

I need the perforations to show in both the 2D and 3D views and therefore can't seem to get hatch patterns to show it correctly in both views.

P_RevitTech_S_0-1591697926518.png

Thank you

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Tom_Kunsman
in reply to: Anonymous

Curious as to why you need the perforations to show in 3D. I just wonder if even an LOD 400 (or higher) model would even go to this extreme amount of detail?

What do you hope to capture by showing the holes?

My only good suggestion other than not doing it, would be to look into Dynamo to see if there is a way to have a region (hatch) pattern on each face of the cable tray. 

As for 2D, when would you see the perforations in 2D? 

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Tom_Kunsman

My company has just asked me to have a look into it, it's not a requirement for me to show it like this however I just thought I'd have a look if there was a simple way to show this seeing as that's how the cable trays will actually look. 

The only thing i'm looking to achieve is to create a more accurate look to how the plan would look in person once installed.

Thanks, I'll have a look at Dynamo now and see if I can come up with something.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

Autodesk Design & Make Report