Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Architect Model in new location

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Nick-H
431 Views, 5 Replies

New Architect Model in new location

I have done a full MEP model with the architectural linked in and aqquired co-ordinates.

but now we have a duplicate building but in a different location.

I have tried linking the MEP into the new location then publishing the co-ord to the MEP model, then in the MEP model changing to the new location and it throws everything out. HELP! I dont want to have re-model everything when its just a duplicate in a new location.

how do I change the co-ordinates without having to move the model??

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Revit_Whisperer
in reply to: Nick-H

You can copy the original linked model to a new location for the second building in your model.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/EN...

Message 3 of 6
Nick-H
in reply to: Revit_Whisperer

the MEP is not lined, it is only the architectural that is linked, which is in a different location in the new project

Message 4 of 6
stever66

Can you make a new revit file, and link your MEP model into it twice?

Message 5 of 6
Nick-H
in reply to: stever66

but ive created sheets in the mep model and tags on the sheets etc..that i want to keep

Message 6 of 6
ToanDN

- Save as your MEP model (A) to a new file (B)

- Open (B) and delete all model elements, keep Sheets and Views intact

- Link (B) back in (A), one instance (A1) Origin to Origin, anther instance (A2) wherever it is supposed to be

- Open the views where the (A1) shows, VV, link tab, ex[and the link tree and set the (A1) link instance to by Linked view.  There, all the existing graphics and annotation you have created in (A) will show correctly.

- Duplicate views to show (A2) link instance then you will have them all with very minimum work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report