Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to link worksets to views in Revit?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mpodolan
192 Views, 5 Replies

Is there a way to link worksets to views in Revit?

hey all, 

new to Revit....

i would like to make is easier for me to use and others when forgetting to pick the correct work set for view ports. 

is there any way I could assign a work set per design view.  

picture below for example: 

mpodolan_0-1721314191390.png

looking so when the view unit a - electrical is chosen, the work set automatically gets set to electrical suites.   

usually its something random and changing it gets forgotten

thanks in advance! 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
RobRocks
in reply to: mpodolan

Not possible, AFAIK.

Message 3 of 6
mpodolan
in reply to: RobRocks

thats not what i wanted to hear! too bad, maybe one day........

Message 4 of 6
ennujozlagam

https://www.wyzant.com/resources/answers/708793/how-do-i-add-revit-links-to-worksets

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 6
iainsavage

That's not really what worksets are intended to be for - they are intended to allow multiple users to work on the same model without inadvertantly affecting each other's work.

They should really be assigned by discipline or sub-discipline or building zone etc.

The user would then book out the workset that they are working on to limit access by other users and they would set the current workset as the one that they are working in.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/RVT/2024/ENU/?guid=GUID-6054CEF3-C4E6-4334-BA43-568DF5DF5702 

Message 6 of 6
iainsavage

PS: each view is assigned to its own workset:

iainsavage_0-1721377781901.png

But that is to limit users from changing view settings, visibility graphics etc and you can't select it as the working workset for elements.

You also need to think in terms of 3D modelling rather than individual "drawings" or "viewports". Every element in the model technically exists in every view and you only limit the element visibility by the various methods available.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators