Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Duct Fitting K-Factor Database

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
318 Views, 3 Replies

Invalid Duct Fitting K-Factor Database

Every time I use the auto duct sizing feature I get a "Invalid Duct Fitting K-Factor Database" error. And it references all the duct fittings in the model.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Glen,
This is a shot in the dark here, but your OS may have an issue handling XML files for some reason. Try the steps on the technical solution at http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1053833.

I had a case where a user had the same issue and I could not reproduce the problem unless I renamed the ASHRAE.xml file. They never told me if my recommendation worked so I'm not sure if the above will do it. I know that the process won't hurt though.

Let me know if this takes care of the problem.

Cheers,
Kyle B
Autodesk Product Support

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I figure it out. I wasn't getting permission to read the imperial library file. When i logged in as a administrator I didn't get the error, so I checked the security of the imperial library folder and allowed all users access to the folder.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Glen:

Are you actually trying to say you need "write" access to the K-factor database. I am working with our IT team on this very issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report