Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to create a pipe connection in family

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
marco.defina
349 Views, 6 Replies

Impossible to create a pipe connection in family

Hello,

i don't know why i cannot create a pipe connection on the surface of the elbow.

2.gif

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
fabiosato
in reply to: marco.defina

Ciao Marco,

Connectors are only possible on flat surfaces.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
marco.defina
in reply to: fabiosato

It's a flat surface. is an imported 3D dwg. If i don't explode i can create connector, if i explode didn't work. I need to create a flat surface in dwg and not a solid?

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

Message 4 of 7
fabiosato

Ciao Marco,

Try to edit a standard familiy following the screencast below.

Fábio Sato
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
marco.defina

I know this sytem to create segments.

But see what happens below. It's strange. I cannot select the face of the elbow after explosion.

12.gif

Message 6 of 7
fabiosato

Ciao Marco,

I never user other formats in Revit to avoid larger size families and this kind of problem.

I have seen some recommendations not to explode AutoCAD files because their may create a lot f garbage, can't you create referente lines and a sweep in its place.

I have created different approach family frame, check if it is OK.

For your use, may be enough, but you can make it more complex to group the solution.

Fábio Sato

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
marco.defina

I will take this example for the future. Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators