Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported Plant 3D Equipment Shows as Wireframe Only

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2178 Views, 4 Replies

Imported Plant 3D Equipment Shows as Wireframe Only

When I import a Plant 3D model (pumps, tanks, piping, etc) into Revit, any basic shapes and straight piping render solid, but all piping components (elbows, tees, etc.), pumps and tanks, show as wireframe only.

Is there a setting I'm missing in Revit or do I need to change something in the Plant 3D model?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dennis
in reply to: Anonymous

1) try EXPORTTOAUTOCAD and insert that dwg instead (worked for me)

-or/and/if-

2) Insert into a family (maybe pick mechanical equipment template), save the family and insert it (if you want to section it)

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

to achieve best results, you can do a quick comparison study by:

• IFC export
  • DXF export
  • DWF export

Then try to import these into Revit, Choose the one which gives you best result.

Also see : http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/Integrating-Plant-3D-and-Revit/td-p/2663009

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

To be honest - unless you are in 2013 don't worry too much about IFC for MEP. You will more than likely spend time just trying to work out what is missing and not having any idea why things are disappearing. One main issue with IFC in Revit is prior to 2013 - Autodesk only paid lip services to IFC and didn't give it enough attention. That changed with 2013 but still has some way to go.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I guess I should mention that I'm working in 2012.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators