Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC model hide temporary

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
PS224358
1018 Views, 6 Replies

IFC model hide temporary

Good afternoon,

I have loaded an ifc model via manage links. Now I don't want to see this anymore. Do I have to use the remove function via manage links? Or is there another possibility to temporarily not see it. Otherwise it is not necessary to load it again and it takes too long.

Thank you !!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
fabiosato
in reply to: PS224358

Hello,

You can go to Visibility/Graphics Overrides, in the Revit Links tab, and uncheck the IFC file.

This setting is per view.

To remove in all views, you can go to the Manage Links, in the IFC tab, and Unload the desired file, if you reload the same file it will be very fast, as long you do not delete the .ifc.rvt corresponding file.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
ToanDN

Go to Insert menu > IFC > Unload

Message 4 of 7

I'm having issues with this too. We got a HVAC model where they've drawn our cable trays, with some impossible bends, and we're redrawing them. We want to only hide their electricals.

Unloading and reloading works fine. But hiding Cable Trays from a specific model, or even completely disabling the model, won't work.

VG_RVTlink_Custom.PNG

Message 5 of 7

Hello,

It is possible that the cable trays were converted as conduits or generic models, please check.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
PS224358

Solved, thank you !!!

Message 7 of 7

Hi,

Hiding all categories won't do anything. Is it possible that this doesn't work with IFC because there are no corresponding categories in my imported file or IFC in general?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators